Monday, January 19, 2009

Finished and Finished!

I finally finished both the books I have been trying to read. My holiday certainly, helped - not that I had much time to read even on holiday, but thankfully it was enough time. The first book I finished was "The Chaos Crystal". All I can say about that without spoiling it is - the ending was entirely -not- what I was expecting and without a doubt Good. Note the capital G. The second book I finally finished was "The Road and the Hills". You may remember me blogging that I had started reading this several months ago. It was put aside so I was able to read "The Chaos Crystal". I really love "The Road and the Hills". It's got strong characters, and a great plot. The end of book one was a little sad though - never the less I thoroughly enjoyed it. From my last post you may have already thought I had read this - alas I hadn't. As book one was my last aquisition, I had actually only read book 3 followed by book 2. Never the less, I almost always find book 3 in a trillogy the "dull" read (except in the case of JenFallon) so the fact the third book inspired me to hunt down books 1&2 say's quite alot to me atleast. If you have the inkling to try and hunt them down - good luck. The third one is by far the easiest to find, and both book 2&3 have a compressed version of what has gone before for the late to start the series reader.


Series: A Walk in the Dark by Allison Spedding

Book 1: The Road and the Hills,
Book 2: Cloud over Water,
Book 3: The Streets of the City.

No comments: